Thursday, March 11, 2010

"My Confession: Spiritual Purge"

We were all born sinners

But momma still raised a winner

Tried her best to keep me in church

Tried so hard sometimes that it hurt

Raised me after God’s own heart

So from his ways I’d never part

But boys will be boys, men will be men

So naturally I turned to a life of sin

And I chased it so hard that it chased me back

Addicted to the fast life, like a fiend to crack

Money and women dried up my life like venom

Til I dropped to my knees and put my trust in him

Him meaning God himself, yes Jesus the Christ

And no longer is my life filled with misery and strife

And No I’m not perfect and at times I miss my mark

But I really do try and I know God sees my heart

Salvation is a balance between spirit and the flesh

One big race to see if we deserve to live blessed

Will you be there with me standing at the finish line

I pray you’ll be next to me in the light of his shine

1 comment: